Welcome to the Town of Sanford

Population: 2,477 – Census 2000  |  Area of Town: 55,337  |  Miles of Highway: 151.50

The Town of Sanford lies in the extreme eastern part of the County. It is bounded on the north by Chenango County, east by Delaware County, south by Pennsylvania State Line, and west by the Towns of Colesville and Windsor. The town was formed on April 2, 1812 from the Town of Windsor. Sanford is the largest town in area in the County. Deposit is the only incorporated village. North Sanford and McClure settlements are the largest among the unincorporated villages of the Town.

Recent News & Events

Town of Sanford Notice of Public Hearing

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that the Town Board of the Town of Sanford, has completed its Preliminary Budget for and in connection with improvements consisting of upgrades to facilities and equipment...

read more